Article 22 - Rules and conditions for affixing the CE marking
1. The CE marking shall be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the product with digital elements. Where that is not possible or not warranted on account of the nature of the product with digital elements, it shall be affixed to the packaging and to the EU declaration of conformity referred to in Article 20 accompanying the product with digital elements. For products with digital elements which are in the form of software, the CE marking shall be affixed either to the EU declaration of conformity referred to in Article 20 or on the website accompanying the software product.
2. On account of the nature of the product with digital elements, the height of the CE marking affixed to the product with digital elements may be lower than 5 mm, provided that it remains visible and legible.
3. The CE marking shall be affixed before the product with digital elements is placed on the market. It may be followed by a pictogram or any other mark indicating a special risk or use set out in implementing acts referred to in paragraph 6.
4. The CE marking shall be followed by the identification number of the notified body, where that body is involved in the conformity assessment procedure based on full quality assurance (based on module H) referred to in Article 24.
The identification number of the notified body shall be affixed by the body itself or, under its instructions, by the manufacturer or the manufacturer’s authorised representative.
5. Member States shall build upon existing mechanisms to ensure correct application of the regime governing the CE marking and shall take appropriate action in the event of improper use of that marking. Where the product with digital elements is subject to other Union legislation which also provides for the affixing of the CE marking, the CE marking shall indicate that the product also fulfils the requirements of that other legislation.
6. The Commission may, by means of implementing acts, lay down technical specifications for pictograms or any other marks related to the security of the products with digital elements, and mechanisms to promote their use. Those implementing acts shall be adopted in accordance with the examination procedure referred to in Article 51(2).
Cyber Resilience Act Text 15.9.2022
You may also visit:
Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA)