Article 20 - EU declaration of conformity
1. The EU declaration of conformity shall be drawn up by manufacturers in accordance with Article 10(7) and state that the fulfilment of the applicable essential requirements set out in Annex I has been demonstrated.
2. The EU declaration of conformity shall have the model structure set out in Annex IV and shall contain the elements specified in the relevant conformity assessment procedures set out in Annex VI. Such a declaration shall be continuously updated. It shall be made available in the language or languages required by the Member State in which the product with digital elements is placed on the market or made available.
3. Where a product with digital elements is subject to more than one Union act requiring an EU declaration of conformity, a single EU declaration of conformity shall be drawn up in respect of all such Union acts. That declaration shall contain the identification of the Union acts concerned, including their publication references.
4. By drawing up the EU declaration of conformity, the manufacturer shall assume responsibility for the compliance of the product.
5. The Commission is empowered to adopt delegated acts in accordance with Article 50 to supplement this Regulation by adding elements to the minimum content of the EU declaration of conformity set out in Annex IV to take account of technological developments.
You may also visit: